|Drew United Methodist Church|
|49-51 Sussex Street, Port Jervis, New York|
Drew United Methodist Church had its origin in 1838 as a Mission at 25 Hudson Street. As membership increased, a new church was built at the corner of East Broome and Sussex Streets. A cyclone in 1893 destroyed that building. The cornerstone for rebuilding was laid in 1894 and in July 1894, the Congregation began holding services in the then unfinished Sunday School room. The rebuilt church was dedicated October 13, 1895. Disaster struck again on March 21, 1994 when a fire destroyed the structure. The Congregation chose to rebuild at the same site. Dedication for the new church was held on March 7, 1999.
For details on services and programs visit the church's website.
This page is provided as a free public service by PortJervisNY.com
|Page designed and maintained by|